Top 10 FAQs
- What is the Forge.mil Program?
- What is the Forge.mil Community?
- What is SoftwareForge?
- What is ProjectForge?
- What is the difference between SoftwareForge and ProjectForge?
- What capabilities are available in the system?
- What are the guidelines for participating?
- How can I get access to Forge.mil (CAC users)?
- How can I get access to Forge.mil (ECA Certificate users)?
- I am unable to access SoftwareForge, ProjectForge & the Forge.mil Community, what troubleshooting steps can I take?
- June 25, 2013 DISA Releases the Agency's Strategic Plan for 2013-2018
Join the DoD DISA Forge.mil Community Team as they present an introduction and demonstration of Forge Capabilities on Tuesday, June 25 from 2 PM to 3 PM (EDT). If you are new to Forge.mil and trying to gather some additional information on capabilities, or if you are already a Forge.mil user and want to see what others are accomplishing and hear about planned features, please join us for this webinar. Learn more and
- June 18-19, 2013 DoD Enterprise Service Management Framework Forum
DISA will host the fourth biannual DoD Enterprise Service Management Framework Forum & Consortium on June 18-19, 2013 at DISA Headquarters, Fort Meade, MD. Forge.mil's Chief Engineer is scheduled to support the 'Agile in the Service Design Lifecycle' Panel. If you are local and can attend in person, you will also have the opportunity to see a milCloud demo. Guests are welcome to attend in person; however, the option to participate virtually will be available via Defense Connect Online (DCO), Global Content Delivery Service (GCDS), and Vidyo. Learn more and register
- June 11, 2013 Agile Software Collaboration & Delivery for the
If you are in the Sierra Vista/Fort Huachuca area, join us for a complimentary seminar for engineering & IT professionals where you will learn best practices and network with peers. Learn from others who successfully transitioned mission critical projects to Forge.mil. Topics include Agile Transformation - The Five Steps, Software for the Networked Warfighter - Lessons Learned from Forge.mil, and Inner-Sourcing Software - What's New with Forge.mil. Register now.
- September 4, 2012 DISA Releases the Agency's Strategic Plan for 2013-2018
Based upon recent Department of Defense (DoD) Strategic Guidance, DISA’s new plan supports DoD's global efforts and accommodates communications and information sharing network needs for the Joint Force of the future. Expansion of Forge.mil capabilities to include support for automated testing and certification and on demand infrastructure and platform as a service integrated with Forge.mil to enable continuous application delivery are two key objectives listed in the plan.
- February 3, 2012 Forge.mil's Program Manager Wins GTRA's Excellence in Project Management Award
GTRA's "GOVTek Executive Government Technology Awards" gala is a celebration of government and industry IT leaders whose vision, innovation and remarkable accomplishments in 2011 have improved the way government delivers services, interacts with citizens, shares information, and protects its national assets. Nominees from both Civilian/Defense/Intelligence agencies and industry will be evaluated and voted on by GTRA Council Members and their community peers and given recognition in the areas most relevant to government IT today including social media, infrastructure, leadership, cyber security, Green IT, and Transparency.
- January 31, 2012 Forge.mil Project Director named in 2012 Federal 100 Winners
Celebrating Government Leadership - The Federal 100 Awards recognize government and industry leaders who have played pivotal roles in the federal government IT community—individuals who have gone above and beyond their daily responsibiliies and have made a difference in the way technology has transformed their agency or accelerated their agency's mission. Professionals from government and industry will be honored for their efforts in affecting change, progress and efficiency in determining how the federal government acquires, develops and manages IT. See the list of winners here.
- October 15, 2011 Feds@Work: Making the DOD Elephant Dance
Discussion on changes in DoD to improve software development. Originally published at FedInsider
- November 2, 2011 Hanscom hosting Forge.mil Testing Services pilots
An update on Hanscom Electronic Systems Center's role in the development of Forge.mil Testing.
- May 16, 2011 Social Networking Comes to Forge.mil
Read how the Forge.mil Community site allows for greater and richer collaboration between software developers and provides a means to discover and connect with other experts working similar issues and challenges.
- April 18, 2011 DISA Launches the Forge.mil Community Site
DISA announces the newest capability in the Forge.mil existing family of services to support the DoD's Information Technology Acquisition Community.
- April 5, 2011 Hanscom ESC Embraces New Approach for Software Development and Testing
The Hanscom Electronic Systems Center is playing a major role in the adoption of Forge.mil as a means to develop and deliver software within the DoD and the development of Forge.mil Testing Services.
- February 14, 2011 Open-Source Government
Read how government organizations to include the Department of Defense, the National Security Agency, and NASA are implementing open source in support of President Obama's commitment to a more transparent and open government.
- February 2, 2011 DISA's New Focus: Supporting Mobility
DISA's CIO discusses with Government Computer News DISA's progress towards virtualization, the role of cloud computing, and the continued development of enterprise services and offerings.
- February 1, 2011 Software Developers Share Resources Online to Speed Systems to the Warfighter
Forge.mil provides the key ingredient to 'building critical technology systems faster, cheaper, and better'. Read how Forge.mil is encouraging change in software development, program management and the collaboration and reuse of shared code within the Defense Department.
- November 10, 2010 Open development delivers unexpected benefits
Forge.mil Project Director discusses with Government Computer News (GCN) the benefits of Forge.mil and the Rapid Access Computing Environment (RACE) in terms of time and cost savings for both large and small project efforts.
- March 22, 2010 Forge.mil Project Director and Community Manager named in 2010 Federal 100 Winners
The Federal 100 awards have been around for 21 years, and they are an annual testament to the constancy of the government information technology community - and its ongoing vitality. The Forge.mil Project Director and the Forge.mil Open Source Community Manager were name to this year's list for their work on a program that is revolutionizing information sharing at the Defense Department by enabling faster development and deployment of new capabilities that support the department's emphasis on network centricity.
- March 18, 2010 Forge.mil selected as 2010 Excellence.Gov Finalist
The Excellence.Gov Awards Program recognizes those federal programs - and their managers - who have achieved exceptional results in the management of IT to support the government's mission and serve citizens.
- January 13, 2010 DISA's Next Step in Collaborative Software Development is ProjectForge
Arlington, Va. - The Defense Department's newest collaborative software development tool just entered limited operating availability capacity for individual DoD projects or programs. ProjectForge is the newest offering in the Defense Information Systems Agency's family of services enabling continuous collaboration among DoD software developers, testers, certifiers, operators, and users. Its private project portals expand on SoftwareForge's capabilities in hosting public projects for software reuse and collaborative development.
- September 15, 2009 Forge.mil receives award at InformationWeek 500
Borrowing a page from the open source community, the Department of Defense's Defense Information Systems Agency launched Forge.mil almost a year ago to facilitate software sharing among U.S. military branches.
- August 10, 2009 Forge.mil is setting an example again
Federal Computer Week (FCW) describes the evolution of information sharing within the DoD and how Forge.mil is setting the example.
- July 27, 2009 Forge.mil named to "Great dot-gov Web Sites 2009"
Government Computer News (GCN) describes how Forge.mil embraces the Web's full potential with a focus on bringing net-centric speed to software development.